The Practitioner Performance report is both pretty and useful, but it also takes a lot of work to put together. The more practitioners, invoices and appointments your account has, the longer it takes for Cliniko to calculate everything it needs to display the report. This was the main culprit for long waiting periods and the browser timing-out, where's the fun in that?
We had already worked to improve this situation before by making the report load in stages, but that still didn't solve the problem for a few of our largest customers, so we've continued to try and improve things.
This time, we've offloaded some of the work in calculating those statistics to background jobs, which means that Cliniko has less to do when you ask for this report and you don't have to wait as long to see it!
Some customers might see slightly different numbers for the "New Patients" columns and chart - that's because we changed how we determine which appointment is a patient's first in those cases where the patient has multiple appointments scheduled at the same time for some reason. This was done more or less randomly before, and now we use the order in which those appointments were added to the calendar as a tie-breaker.