When you add a Concession Type to Cliniko (and then give that Concession Type a special price in relation to any Billable Item), you'll be able to assign any Concession Type to a Patient. When you Invoice that Patient and include a Billable Item that has a Concession Price applied, the price of the service on the Invoice will automatically reflect the discounted Concession Price.
Assign a Concession Type to a Patient
- Be sure that you've set up your Concession Types and Concession Prices
- Select a Patient
- Edit the Patient's details
- Under "Billing," select the desired Concession Type from the drop-down menu
- Be sure to click the Save patient button
- Look for the green success message indicating that the Patient's details were updated
Now you've assigned a Concession Type to your Patient, you'll see the applicable price display on an Invoice that's generated for this Patient (as long as the Billable Item on that invoice includes a Concession Price).
Create an Invoice with a Concession Price
- After you've assigned a Concession Type to your Patient, create an Invoice
- If you add a Billable Item that has a Concession Price applied, and the Patient falls under this Concession Type, you'll see that the unit price is reduced accordingly and the applicable Concession Type is indicated below
- The finalized Invoice (which can be emailed to the Patient) will also indicate the Concession Price and the Concession Type in parentheses
That's it! Keep in mind that you'll only need to assign a Concession Type to a Patient once, and any Invoices generated for that Patient will take both the Concession Type and Concession Prices into consideration. You can remove or change the Patient's Concession Type at any time, as well!