In order to process a Payment for a Patient, you'll need to be sure to have at least one Payment Type on hand! Cliniko provides a few default ones for you, but you can add, edit, or remove any Payment Types at your discretion.
A Payment Type is the method of payment that you're entering when processing an Invoice, such as Credit Card, EFTPOS, or Cash. You can have as many Payment Types as you need!
Here's how to add a new Payment Type to Cliniko.
- Head to the Settings tab
- Click on Payment Types
- Click the Add payment type button
- Enter the name of your new Payment Type
- Click the Create Payment Type button
- Watch for the green success message to indicate that your Payment Type was created
- You'll now be able to see your new Payment Type in the list
That's it! Now, when you go to enter a Payment for an Invoice, you'll be able to enter an amount under any of your Payment Types.