Cliniko offers fully automated appointment reminders, which can save your staff a lot of time each week. Setting them up is simple, but just requires you to look at a few different areas.
- Navigate to the Settings page
- Click SMS Settings
You will need to purchase SMS credits to send SMS reminders (1 credit equals 160 characters).
You can also have a few other options, such as a mobile number or email address to forward replies to, as well settings to auto-top-up or remind you when your credits are low.
Hint! You're only able to purchase credits if you already have a credit card recorded in the system for your subscription.
- Save SMS Settings, then go to Appointment Reminders
- Use General Settings to set when your reminders go out
Hint!: Use the tickbox to the right of your default reminder type to change all of your existing patient's reminder types. Once this change is done, the box will untick so you can change individual patients later.
The reminder time selects an hour to send - so choosing 13:00 will send your reminder messages anywhere between 1 and 1:55 PM.
- Scroll down to SMS Reminders
- Ensure SMS enabled is ticked
- Edit the text of the reminder
You can use the drop down menus to add a variety of placeholders, such as the patient's name or the business' Contact Information.
As always, click Save Appointment Reminders once you're done.
Opting Patients Out of Receiving Reminders
Typically you'll want all of your patients to have the same type of reminders, but there may be some patients which prefer one over another, or would like to opt-out of reminders. In that case, you can edit one Patient's reminder setting.
- Go to the Patients page
- Select the patient that you'd like to customize Appointment Reminder settings for
- Click the Edit details button
- Scroll down to Communication Preferences and select the Automated reminder type
- Be sure to save!