Often clinics will take payment for a package of several treatments at once, and need a way to track who has paid how much, and when that credit runs out. Cliniko has some handy tools to help with managing this!
Add a new payment
- Select Payments from the navigation
- Click the Add payment button on the right-hand side
If you're adding a payment for a new patient or client (i.e. someone who's never had an appointment at your clinic before), you'll need to create their profile before you can add a payment for them.
- Choose the patient, and add the payment to the payment source.
- Skip the Apply to Invoices step
You'll notice there are no invoices to apply this payment to. Cliniko will instead apply the payment to the patient as account credit.
- Save the payment
After saving, you'll see the receipt for your payment.
At the bottom of this receipt, Cliniko will tell you the amount is "not allocated." This means that the total amount is available to be allocated to any future invoices.
Account Credit is displayed on the patient's details page, and while creating invoices/payments for that particular patient. So you'll always know exactly how much credit they have remaining.
Now when you're ready to apply that credit to an invoice...
Create an invoice
- Select Add a payment from the patient's appointment pop up
- If you're happy with the invoice, click Create Invoice
- Don't enter a payment source this time. Scroll to the bottom of the page and click Save payment
You can see the account credit applied in the Account Credit column.
When you return to the invoice, you can see the remaining amount of account credit at the top of the screen, you can also view this on the patient's record.
That's it! You can check the patient's remaining credit at any time from their details page, and top them up at any stage as well.