What are Patient Online Bookings?
Patient online bookings gives you the ability to let your patients book in for appointments online. Cliniko provides you with a unique bookings page that you can direct your patients to. Any patient can then use the online bookings, new or existing. There is no need for your patients to have a log in, the booking page will collect some basic details and then either match them to a patient in your system, or create a new patient record for them.
Can patients see my full schedule?
No they can't. Cliniko will offer your patients time blocks to choose from in each morning, afternoon and evening. If you don't have any availability at that time, nothing will be offered. If they require more appointment options they will still need to contact you to make a booking.
Is there anything else I should know?
A few things:
- We have some protection in place to prevent people booking in many appointments. There are restrictions on how many appointments can be booked from one location in a short space of time. If you are testing the feature yourself you may encounter this.
- It is important to ensure your appointment types are set up correctly and you have the right practitioners allocated to them. This can be done in Settings→Appointment Types.
- The appointment availability times offered are the first available time slot in each of the different day parts (morning, afternoon and evening). We take into account the duration of the service selected. Morning is 12am - Midday. Afternoon is Midday to 5pm. Evening is 5pm to Midnight. Obviously we only offer times that are within each practitioners work hours.
- Patients have the ability to download an iCal to add to their own calendars. They also receive a confirmation email (it has an iCal file too). Keep in mind the patient will only receive an email confirmation if you have them turned on in Settings→Appointment Types.
- If a new patient is created during this process, they will have the appointment reminder type that is your default in Settings→Appointment Reminders. It's a good idea to check you have that set correctly.
- You don't have to use this feature. It requires you to explicitly turn it on. There is no need to worry that people will start booking in online if you don't want it.