When your patients make an appointment, confirmation emails will put them at ease and let them know that they're officially booked! It's easy to set up appointment confirmation emails. Just follow these steps and you'll be good to go!
Create the content for your Appointment Confirmation Emails.
- Head to the Settings tab
- Click on Appointment Reminders
- Scroll down to Appointment Confirmation Email -- you can craft the body of your email however you'd like, and it can be as detailed or as brief as you want!
Use the "placeholders" to customize the Confirmation Email for every element of an Appointment! Placeholders will "pull" information from applicable areas of Cliniko (such as the Appointment Type name, the Patient's name, the time of the Appointment, etc.), so when a Patient receives an Appointment Confirmation Email, it will be customized for their specific Appointment!
- If you'd like, you can view the sample Appointment Confirmation Email by clicking the "View Sample Email" link
The text in the Sample Email is only showing you an example of what the actual email will look like. If the Sample Email doesn't display the Business or Appointment Type you were expecting it to display, don't worry -- the actual email will!
- Once you've finished, click the Save appointment reminders button
- Watch for the green success message to indicate that your settings have been successfully updated
That's the first part of it! Next, you'll want to be sure that you have your Appointment Types enabled to send out Appointment Confirmation Emails!
Enable Appointment Types to send Appointment Confirmation Emails.
Now that you've crafted the content for your confirmation email, you'll need to make sure that it's "linked up" with appointments! Here's how to set this up.
- Head to Settings -> Appointment Types
- Click on the Appointment Type that you want to enable Appointment Confirmation Emails for
- Under Appointment Reminders, tick the box next to "Send booking confirmation email."
- Click the Update appointment type button
- Watch for the green success message to indicate that the Appointment Type was updated
And that's it! Make sure to follow this same process for all other appointment types that you want a confirmation email to go out for.
There are a few things to note. Firstly, the Appointment Confirmation Emails will go out automatically. Every time a Patient Books an appointment, whether it be through Online Bookings or through a manual booking that was done by a clinic staff member, an email will go out to the Patient.
Secondly, each Appointment Confirmation Email will automatically include a calendar attachment that contains all of the important Appointment information. Your Patient can add this attachment to their calendar if they'd like!