Cliniko's approach to the appointment calendar is to keep things simple, like a physical diary. A diary doesn't restrict you to 60 minute appointments, so we don't want the software to restrict you, either.
However, sometimes blocks can be useful for structuring your day, and we would hate to take away something that could be useful. So, if you want time blocks on your calendar, just follow these steps!
Setting up Time Blocks
- Head to the Settings tab
- Click on Users & Practitioners
- Select the Practitioner that you'd like to set up time blocks for, and scroll down to their schedule, where you can set their Availability.
Add a break 5 minutes before the end of each of their time blocks for the day. In this example, we want hour-long blocks, but you can easily do this for any length of time, and for any day of the week.
- Once the breaks have been added, click Update user
Now you've completed the first step, which is to get the Practitioner set up with time blocks!
HINT: you can create time blocks for any length of time!
Next, you'll be working with Appointment Types.
Editing Appointment Types
- Within Settings, head to Appointment Types
- Select any appointment type that's currently set to 60 minutes, and scroll down to Duration in minutes and change it to 55 minutes
- Click Update appointment type
That's it! Follow those steps for all of your appointment types Now, when you go to your calendar, you'll see the blocks added at the end of each hour. They'll display as gray bars, like in the example below.
Again, in our example, we've created time blocks for hour-long appointments, but you can set them up for any appointments of any length!
If you've enabled Online Bookings, you'll also want to be sure that you hide the end time of your appointments, so that your patients don't get confused! Click through to find out how to hide the end times in Online Bookings, and how to enable Online Bookings.