We had LOTS of feedback on our recent design and font update. Most the feedback wasn't good.
Since then we've been discussing, theorizing, sulking and a whole bunch of coding.
We've taken your feedback on board, and made lots of minor adjustments that we think add up to a really big improvement. We can't thank you enough for being so forthcoming with your opinions, it's what helps us make the software better.
It might seem like a bold statement on the back of our last release... but I think you're going to really like this change. Here's a summary of what we did:
- Reduced the font size slightly.
- Reduced the line height of text (this is the amount of space above and below the text, separating the lines in a paragraph).
- Changed the way comments are displayed on the dashboard to save on space and let you see more on a page. Now the name and time posted are in line with the comment.
- Reduced the spacing generally around the dashboard.
- Reduced the spacing generally throughout Cliniko to make better use of the screen space.
- Improved the fonts and font sizes used on the calendar.
- Changed the font style in the navigation tabs to be clearer.
- Improved the way treatment note paragraph boxes work. Now they start quite small (so you can see more), but as you type in them, they expand so you don't need to scroll within the box. We think this is a big improvement.
- We also changed many paragraph boxes throughout the application to start small and grow as you type into them.
- We "compacted" each page header (the one that sits under the main navigation) to give you more space on each page.
- The patient page is more compact so you can see much more of it on your screen at once.
We think this change brings the good that we tried to do last time, but without the bad.