We've just released some improvements to the way you create and track treatment notes. There's a bunch of small changes that add up to a much improved workflow for you. This has been one of our most heavily requested changes, so we're hoping you like it.
Treatment note icon on calendar
We now show an icon on the appointments on the calendar to indicate which appointments have had draft or final treatment notes created for them.
Adding a note from the calendar immediately creates a draft
When clicking the "Add Note" link on an appointment, it will automatically save it as a draft and then open it for editing. This means if you forget to save it, it will still appear on your dashboard as a draft.
Set a default template for your appointment types
You can now specify a default treatment note template to be created for different appointment types. You set this up in Settings > Appointment Types. Once done, adding a note from the calendar will default to the right template based on the appointment type.
A few other minor improvements
We also made a few other minor improvements to support these changes:
- You can now select a different template while editing a treatment note (previously once a template was chosen you couldn't change it).
- When creating a treatment note from the patients page, it will offer you a list of appointments to link it to. It will offer appointments within 1 month from today. This allows you to link them even if not creating it from the calendar.
- If a treatment note is linked to an appointment, it will show the appointment date in the "Print" page for treatment notes.
- If a treatment note is linked to an appointment, it will show the appointment date in the treatment notes data export.
Things to note
- If you're already logged in, you'll need to refresh your appointments page to start seeing the treatment note icons.
- You can't link previous treatment notes that are in final already. This will be for all new treatment notes.
- We recommend you go to Settings > Appointment Types and set up your default templates. This is the only configuration you need do to take full advantage of this change.
As usual, your awesome feedback is what has helped us to make this change. Thanks for helping us!