We have completely rewritten the treatment note autosave feature. it is now MUCH better! These will be quite comprehensive release notes as it's a change from existing behaviour, we don't like to do that often and want to make sure you understand the change.
How it previously worked
Previously as you started typing a new note we would automatically create a draft for you with the autosave. We would then periodically save your progress so that if anything went wrong you still had the draft available. There were a few problems with this:
- If you started on a note and decided you no longer wanted it, you now have to delete the draft.
- If your internet drops out while writing a note, the autosave won't help as it saved it to Cliniko so required you to be online still.
- It was slow, so it could sometimes hold you up from saving your treatment note immediately when you were ready to do so.
How it works now
- We save instantly every time you type, so it will be completely up to date if you ever need to recover a note.
- The autosave no longer requires an internet connection, so this will work even if your internet drops out (you do still need internet to begin typing the note).
- No more drafts you don't want.
- It's faster and it won't hold you up when saving.
Creating a new treatment note
- You start creating a new treatment note.
- You forget to save it and move back to the appointments page.
- You go back to the patient later and your treatment note isn't there.
- You create a new one again and Cliniko will prompt you to recover your old note.
- You save it and you are happy.
Editing a draft treatment note
- You are editing a draft treatment note
- Your internet drops out and you cannot save
- You come back later and the draft note doesn't have your changes
- You edit the note again and Cliniko will prompt you to recover your old changes
- You recover them, save it and you are happy.
Demonstration of the new note recovery
Security Note: Even though the treatment notes are temporarily saved to your computer for recovery, we encrypt them so that they are still completely secure.